DeMolay Foundation of California, Inc.
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION and APPLICATION UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES OFFERING FOUR-YEAR PROGRAMS AND COMMUNITY COLLEGES and VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS
The DeMolay Foundation of California, Inc. is eager to be of assistance to DeMolay members in Northern California who seek a higher education. For the DeMolay who attends a four-year college or university, the annual scholarship is $2,500.00 per year. For those who attend a community college or accredited vocational school, the annual stipend is $1,500.00. New students are accepted in the program each year for the above two categories.
The policy governing selection of students applying for the DeMolay Foundation Scholarships are as follows:
1. An applicant for a scholarship from the DeMolay Foundation of California, Inc. must be in good standing in a Chapter of the Order of DeMolay located in Northern California or Northern Nevada and he must be of excellent moral character. He must have been a member for a minimum of one year and must not have reached the age of 21 by April 1st of the year of his application.
2. The applicant must present evidence of acceptance by an accredited four-year university or college, a community college, or vocational school.
3. The applicant must have a High School GPA of 3.0 or better, or if already enrolled in College, a College GPA of 2.5 or better.
4. Scholarships are not given to Senior Members of DeMolay. If an applicant is already in the program, he is eligible for continuance of his scholarship.
5. Due to limited funds, we will select the top students who qualify for the above requirements. This means that even though you meet all of the above requirements, it is possible you will not receive a Scholarship.
As indicated on the application form, the deadline for the application must be postmarked by April 1st of the current year. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, AND NO APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT COMPLETE IN EVERY DETAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED. Inquiries should be directed to the DeMolay Foundation of California, Inc.
All DeMolay Chapters should be sure that all of their members are completely aware of the scholarship program. Chapter members should be encouraged to apply for a scholarship if they plan to attend a four-year college, or a community college, or a vocational school with a two-year curriculum.
DeMolay Foundation of California, Inc. Scholarship Committee